Monday, November 5, 2007

But, I Don't Wanna!

Anyone out there who's paying attention to the blogging schedule will note today's post is supposed to be an excerpt from a work-in-progress (WIP).

The title of this post, however, says it all: I am up to my neck in NaNoWriMo work, and along the way I am Sweating with Sven, so instead of sharing a part of myself, I am going to share a site you must visit.

Go to Coudal and take a look at the Layer Tennis Matches they are running. Basically, two artists (or two art teams) and one writer are invited to each weekly match. The artists trade volleys via a design layer file that is swapped back and forth in fifteen minute intervals. Like a real tennis match, the object is to take what's hurled at you and smash back. The writer adds commentary, and the whole thing is real-time.

New matches are played each Friday, and the old matches are available for view.

My opinion: it's stuff like this that makes the mixing of art and technology a wondrous thing.

P.S.

I only know about this site because I read Dooce which proves once again just how great a site it is.

No comments: